• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

No, not the film, the real thing!

Scientists may not be far from giving apes the ability to think and talk!

Ethical rules needed to curb 'Frankenstein-like experiments' on animals - Telegraph

A new report into experiments which transplant human cells into animals for medical purposes said scientists may not be far from giving apes the ability to think and talk like humans.

Concerns about the creation of talking apes should be taken seriously along with "what one might call the 'Frankenstein fear' that the medical research which creates 'humanised' animals is going to generate monsters", it was claimed.

A regulatory body is needed to closely monitor any experiments that risk creating animals with human-like consciousness, spawning hybrid human-animal embryos, or giving animals any appearance or behavioural traits that too closely resemble humans, the report said.

Scientists would, for example, be prevented from replacing a large number of an ape's brain with human cells – as has already been done in simpler animals like mice – until much more is known about the potential results.

Under the new guidelines the power to regulate tests on animals containing human material would be transferred to a body with wider responsibility for animal testing within the Home Office.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Some say, CUK has its own talking monkey.

All we know is the fruit bowl never has enough bananas and he's called ???

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Some say, CUK has its own talking monkey.

All we know is the fruit bowl never has enough bananas and he's called ???
      Caeser?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

About time I would say. When the Bobs become expensive we need something else to take over.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          About time I would say. When the Bobs become expensive we need something else to take over.
          The yanks have already beaten the bobs to it

Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

You must be thrilled, but I wouldn't go packing your Big Issue round in just yet.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Under the new guidelines the power to regulate tests on animals containing human material would be transferred to a body with wider responsibility for animal testing within the Home Office.
              Hmm, has anyone questioned the ethics of doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Hmm, has anyone questioned the ethics of doing this?
                I'm all for it. I used to be concerned about the ethics, I even bought products that had not been tested on animals. Then I shampooed my hamster and it went blind

so no more of that ethics malarky for me. no sir

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                X