• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting Old

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Old

There are a few on here to who this applies:

Hate noisy pubs or groan when you bend down? The 30 telltale signs that you're really getting old | Mail Online
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

7 out of 30. Don't know what that proves though.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

"Developing a fondness for Sherry"

Comment

5, 17, 20, 29

Some of the others I tick, like forgetting names and enjoying sherry and knowing nothing about the top ten, don't count because I could have ticked the same when I was 18.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

"The study for Engage Mutual Assurance... Tina Clare of Engage Mutual said..." - so, a press release from Engage Mutual dressed up as a news story. Have this company purchased advertising space in the Mail by any chance?

I'm also left wondering how they got to the headline "The 30 telltale signs that you're really getting old" when the story itself states that "While some of the high-scoring indicators may be part of the process of getting older, they are not necessarily the sole preserve of the older generation" - in other words, they are not signs that you are getting old. Still, it's pretty much standard for a Mail story's final paragraph to completely contradict the attention-grabbing headline

For the record, I haven't switched from Radio 1 to Radio 2: like all intelligent people, I have only ever listened to Radio 4

Comment

Isn't nasal and ear hair worse than losing your hair
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              Isn't nasal and ear hair worse than losing your hair
              No, sorry baldy it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                No, sorry baldy it isn't.
                Nah Im not losing my hair much, I'm about 20 years behind where I should be
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  "The study for Engage Mutual Assurance... Tina Clare of Engage Mutual said..." - so, a press release from Engage Mutual dressed up as a news story. Have this company purchased advertising space in the Mail by any chance?

I'm also left wondering how they got to the headline "The 30 telltale signs that you're really getting old" when the story itself states that "While some of the high-scoring indicators may be part of the process of getting older, they are not necessarily the sole preserve of the older generation" - in other words, they are not signs that you are getting old. Still, it's pretty much standard for a Mail story's final paragraph to completely contradict the attention-grabbing headline

For the record, I haven't switched from Radio 1 to Radio 2: like all intelligent people, I have only ever listened to Radio 4

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    [I]
                    WHS
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X