• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you live in a house made of chocolate ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you live in a house made of chocolate ?

Would you live in a house made of chocolate, that smelled of strawberries and cream and freshly toasted bread ?

Yesterday am, I made mrs EO some bacon butts and coffee in bed. Now the missus likes her bacon crispy, even burned.
    So I did the honours and we had a nice brekkie, then went out shopping.

when we came back , there were a couple of alien cats and a dog sniffing around, our four cats were going loopy and the house smelled like a well-done bacon butty.
    It smelled ok to me, but to the animals it must have been heaven - like living in a house with chocolate walls

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

A couple of years ago, I had a plague of rats living in some nearby vaults.

After setting half a dozen traps, which would all be full each morning, with smaller and smaller victims, I eventually got rid of them and didn't see any for months.

But the other day I saw a couple, and put two and two together: Both times the rats appeared shortly after I had made vegetable soup by boiling a bag of dried mixed vegetables.

Obviously when you pour the water from this down the drain, the rats (with sense of smell many times better than a human) can smell it from half a mile away and follow the scent "upstream". To them, the smell of dried peas and grain must be heavenly.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Would you live in a house made of chocolate
      Not for very long

Comment

bacon crispy, even burned.
        What a sane lady. All food tastes much better when burnt.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          What a sane lady. All food tastes much better when burnt.
          WxS. When it's brown it's burning, when it's black it's cooked

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            Not for very long
            WHS

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              WxS. When it's brown it's burning, when it's black it's cooked
              Burnt Crunchy Bits are one of the 4 major food groups, along with Salt, Sugar and Fat
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

When it's brown it's burning, when it's black it's cooked
                We will probably both die of some awful gut cancer.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Would you live in a house made of chocolate, that smelled of strawberries and cream and freshly toasted bread ?

Yesterday am, I made mrs EO some bacon butts and coffee in bed. Now the missus likes her bacon crispy, even burned.
                  So I did the honours and we had a nice brekkie, then went out shopping.

when we came back , there were a couple of alien cats and a dog sniffing around, our four cats were going loopy and the house smelled like a well-done bacon butty.
                  It smelled ok to me, but to the animals it must have been heaven - like living in a house with chocolate walls

You are and a little old lady & I claim my five pounds

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                  X