• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling Dave to Bob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling Dave to Bob

While I was in the pub this evening, reading the pub paper (The Sunday Mail obviously) and having to interject & correct the lead of the pub 'Times Crossword' group that appear every Sunday that 'Graham Gooch scored 333, not 222 against India' it dawned on me that Bob is becoming big. In fact, Bob wants it more than us and so Bob is the future.

So what does Bob want? Bob wants Dave. He wants to be Dave. He wants a piece of Dave.

So what can Dave give to Bob?

Union Jack Sofas? Scottish Whisky from cousin Hamish? Big Ben clocks?

I see a plan B forming here CUK. What should Dave export to Bob???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Much chavness, plenty costliness!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Bob wants it more than us and so Bob is the future.

So what does Bob want? Bob wants Dave. He wants to be Dave. He wants a piece of Dave.
      I disagree, Bob is not 'the future', a part of it inevitably, but not the whole shooting match. In my experience, Bob is a different animal to Dave; if for example you want to start at A, go through B then C and finally arrive at D, then Bob's your man, anything involving deviation from this or needing creative thought then the answer's not in Bangalore.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

The day I see the streets of Mumbai, Bangalore etc.. covered in young Bobs in their Burberry finest!!
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          ...having to interject & correct the lead of the pub 'Times Crossword' group that appear every Sunday that 'Graham Gooch scored 333, not 222 against India'...
          That's a pretty poor standard of Times Crossword group if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
          X