• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awkward Situation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awkward Situation

Have an ongoing problem with somebody at my local pub.

A few weeks ago I was at the bar having a conversation with this bloke and he started talking about Queen and said he had been listening to their first album a lot recently. When asked for my opinion I lied as I didn't want to cause offence and said I thought the first album was a cracking lp.

Now the problem is that everytime I see him he wants me to go and sit in his car in the carpark and listen to it with him. This has been going on for 4 weeks now and I'm running out of excuses.

I just don't want to be locked in his car listening to the Seven Seas of Rye with him. I think he's perhaps a bit odd.

Get in the car, drop your trousers and just take it like a man, I assume thats what you really mean as your cover story can't be real?!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Personally I would have reported him to the police. That's just wrong. If it isn't your bomb doors he wants to bash in it will be someone elses.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Personally I would have reported him to the police. That's just wrong. If it isn't your bomb doors he want to bash in it will be someone elses.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

How can anyone not like Queen? Doubt if there is an ulterior motive. If there is one, they usually get to that in about 3 min in my experience.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            How can anyone not like Queen? Doubt if there is an ulterior motive. If there is one, they usually get to that in about 3 min in my experience.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
              Have an ongoing problem with somebody at my local pub.

A few weeks ago I was at the bar having a conversation with this bloke and he started talking about Queen and said he had been listening to their first album a lot recently. When asked for my opinion I lied as I didn't want to cause offence and said I thought the first album was a cracking lp.

Now the problem is that everytime I see him he wants me to go and sit in his car in the carpark and listen to it with him. This has been going on for 4 weeks now and I'm running out of excuses.

I just don't want to be locked in his car listening to the Seven Seas of RHye with him. I think he's perhaps a bit odd.

Just go for it. You are obviously a bandywaister anyway.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Are there any women in this bar, or is it a gay bar?

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
                  Are there any women in this bar, or is it a gay bar?
                  There's a couple of nails and a tin can.

It's an Iron Bar!

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So you've been outed as a batty boy at your local boozer.

Live with it or find somewhere else to drink.

Don't fall into the same trap twice by admitting you liked Wham.

Comment

Working...
                    X