• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friends Rented Flat turned into Cannabis Factory !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends Rented Flat turned into Cannabis Factory !!

As the title says, a met with a friend of mine yesterday who I'd not spoken to in a while, who told me that he had rented a flat out to an apparently innocent young girl with a small child in tow, approximately 3 months ago. He had a call from a neighbour a few weeks ago to say the door had been booted in, and it turns out that the flat had been converted into a Cannabis Factory and the Police had been tipped off and found £250K worth of Cannabis in there.

The Police have been questioning my friend who has been fully co-operating but I think he still feels like they have an air of suspiscion about him, so is understandably worried. Also, the insurance he has on the property doesn't cover him for this type of damage - holes cut into the ceiling, floorboards up etc etc.

How bizarre !!!

Aren't the police responsible for such repairs?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

THey usually get an innocent looking front person to get the place then when the owner is just away 20 Vietminh charge in a rig the place up.

Easy way to make a shed load of money.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Aren't the police responsible for such repairs?
        It will presumably be from the ventilation and hydroponics they put in.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
          The Police have been questioning my friend who has been fully co-operating but I think he still feels like they have an air of suspiscion about him, so is understandably worried. Also, the insurance he has on the property doesn't cover him for this type of damage - holes cut into the ceiling, floorboards up etc etc.
          Until such time as they are 100% they can rule him out then it's a fair position to take.

Shame for your friend though.

Comment

THey are really easy for the police to find, they just watch big changes in electricity usage then send round a copter with an infrared camera to check which house is glowing the most.

As they only visit the place once a week to check on production nobody is ever caught.

Easy money, low risk.

Comment

Sh1t happens.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                THey are really easy for the police to find, they just watch big changes in electricity usage
                Apparently, they have the know-how to rig the electricity meter so that it doesn't clock up correctly, maximising electricity usage but not arousing suspiscion...

Comment

Anyone got any Rizzlas?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

:

Comment

Working...
                    X