• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Queasing coming soon I reckon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queasing coming soon I reckon

UK GDP growth: live - Telegraph

Live coverage of UK economic growth in second quarter of the year, with a lacklustre reading raising pressure on the Chancellor for recovery plan to stimulate the economy.

Cable: economy needs quantitative easing boost

The sluggish performance of the UK economy needs combating with another round of Quantitative Easing (QE), according to Business Secretary, Vince Cable.

So, best get out of sterling now if you are foolish enough to have any sterling savings/investments.

Things look bleak, I would say that double dip is on the cards. 0.2% growth of UK economy in Q2 is very nearly a contraction. If the US defaults then I'd buckle up for a DD for sure.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Goldman Launches The SS QE3

Linky

As Zero Hedge said back in January, when we predicted the transitory “bounce” or “temporary hard spot” in the economy, well ahead of everyone, the first thing that would need to happen for QE3 to be launched is for Goldman’s Jan Hatzius to admit that his December 2010 call for an American golden age was a disaster, and to recognize that the economy is now contracting at a rate that will put last year’s Q2 and Q3 GDP drops to shame. As of two weeks ago, that has happened. The only thing that was missing from our checklist was for Hatzius replacement, who enjoys the occasional Hefeweizen at the Pound and Pence with his former co-worker Bill Dudley, to make it clear what Goldman’s position vis-a-vis QE3 is. Well, as of a few minutes ago we can cross that box too after Hatzius’ lieutenant Sven Jari Stehn just said that “A sharp increase in the Fed’s assessment of recession risk would most likely trigger significant additional monetary easing even if inflation remains well above their target.” What has inspired this change in hear? Simple: nothing less than the “realistic–possibility of a significant further deterioration in the economic outlook.” Oh well, the recovery was fun while it lasted. Same for the strong dollar.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        UK GDP growth: live - Telegraph

Live coverage of UK economic growth in second quarter of the year, with a lacklustre reading raising pressure on the Chancellor for recovery plan to stimulate the economy.

Cable: economy needs quantitative easing boost

The sluggish performance of the UK economy needs combating with another round of Quantitative Easing (QE), according to Business Secretary, Vince Cable.

So, best get out of sterling now if you are foolish enough to have any sterling savings/investments.
        Let's hope - with a good dose on inflation as well. Getting worried about decision to move from cash savings into fixed rate mortgage debt. Inflate it all away!

Comment

Osborne hinted at business tax cuts and he'd better not be bulltuliping as last year with NI "holiday", he needs to cut CGT below 20% or re-introduce CGT taper relief (the only good thing made by Brown), remove employer NI completely - it is crazy that companies that EMPLOY people have to pay NI to cover those people's unemployment, corp tax below 20% and lower high rate tax to 30%.

HTH

P.S. This is going to be my 25,000th post.

P.P.S. Tax cheats should note that I advocate lower taxes for everyone, not just those who are "smart" to get into obscure "bullet-proof" schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            remove employer NI completely - it is crazy that companies that EMPLOY people have to pay NI to cover those people's unemployment
            It's only fair!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Osborne hinted at business tax cuts and he'd better not be bulltuliping as last year with NI "holiday", he needs to cut CGT below 20% or re-introduce CGT taper relief (the only good thing made by Brown), remove employer NI completely - it is crazy that companies that EMPLOY people have to pay NI to cover those people's unemployment, corp tax below 20% and lower high rate tax to 30%.

HTH

P.S. This is going to be my 25,000th post.

P.P.S. Tax cheats should note that I advocate lower taxes for everyone, not just those who are "smart" to get into obscure "bullet-proof" schemes.
              I really think the conservatives don't have a clue what to do. They'll stay the course, cross their fingers, and hope it all comes good.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

How about lowering Interest Rates?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  How about lowering Interest Rates?

Could interest rates go negative and if so what would that mean for savings and credit?

Could savers end up having to pay the bank interest for holding their money in a secure place?

Could it become profitable to borrow money at a negative interest rate so you get paid interest on it?
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Consider yourself lucky they abolished Selective Employment Tax.
                    You're grateful they abolished feudalism.

Comment

Working...
                    X