• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My week in the UK and the cost of stuff in general

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My week in the UK and the cost of stuff in general

Spent last week in the UK, both me and Mrs scooter in fact. Something we both noticed was how expensive everything seemed to be. Pizza express, two undercooked small pizzas and soft drinks £30!!! Compared to my local Italian restaurant here in Munich, €14. we both thought one off incident and moved on. No matter where we went everything felt costly or overpriced for what it was. Only beed out the country for six months.

At the airport I got me a Twix for 80p -

Just got the exact same chocolate bar from the vending machine here at work, 52p

What a swizz. Moan over.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Spent last week in the UK, both me and Mrs scooter in fact. Something we both noticed was how expensive everything seemed to be. Pizza express, two undercooked small pizzas and soft drinks £30!!! Compared to my local Italian restaurant here in Munich, €14. we both thought one off incident and moved on. No matter where we went everything felt costly or overpriced for what it was. Only beed out the country for six months.

Just got the exact same chocolate bar from the vending machine here at work, 52p

What a swizz. Moan over.
    And it took £2 of your time to walk to the vending machine and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      And it took £2 of your time to walk to the vending machine and back.
      Correction, £3 and it's a short walk.

Bunch of IT guys just got the boot today, all 7 of them. This client takes no prisoners. Most of them UK guys. Supposedly they were not delivering. Never seen a mass cull like that before.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What's the point of cheaper stuff in Germany if you have no friends? Bet they call you Insellafen (sp) behind your back
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Correction, £3 and it's a short walk.

Bunch of IT guys just got the boot today, all 7 of them. This client takes no prisoners. Most of them UK guys. Supposedly they were not delivering. Never seen a mass cull like that before.
          Those twixes taste the best.

Comment

What a swizz. Moan over.
            You see where you went wrong?

I probably spend 8 days a month in Hamburg and can't say that it's much cheaper TBH. Obviously some places are a rip off wherever you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              You see where you went wrong?

I probably spend 8 days a month in Hamburg and can't say that it's much cheaper TBH. Obviously some places are a rip off wherever you go.
              Thought airport prices were supposed to be duty free? Not bend over sir for special price.

Comment

Thought airport prices were supposed to be duty free? Not bend over sir for special price.
                You're so naive I'm truly embarrased for you. Please tell me you're early 20s?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

sasguru has now been successfully added to your ignore list. You will now be returned to where you were.
                  Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

PS: Thanks to DP's signature!

Comment

Classic case of shooting the messenger
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X