• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Say it with flowers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say it with flowers

Thought I had a secret admirer.

Doorbell just went - and there stood florist with enormous bunch of flowers. Pink and purple ones.

I snatched the card - they were a 'thank you' from (ex)ClientCo. Really sweet of them - and completely unexpected.

Think I might 'lose' the card before hubby gets home to keep him guessing.

Hope the next client is as romantic!

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

Doorbell just went - and there stood florist with enormous bunch of flowers. Pink and purple ones.

I snatched the card - they were a 'thank you' from (ex)ClientCo. Really sweet of them - and completely unexpected.

Tell your hubby you bought them for yourself because he never does.

Comment

If that's what passes for amusement in your household then go for it.

Comment

More to the point, your husband might start wondering just what kind of "work" you've been doing if your clients are giving you flowers

Comment

TBH, he's unlikely to notice them unless they obscure his view of the telly...

Comment

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

TBH, he's unlikely to notice them unless they obscure his view of the telly...
              Stick 'em right in front of the goggle box then. Flowers, nice!
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Put them where the telly was and hide the telly. See how long it takes for him to realise he's not watching Gardener's World.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  WSS. Lovely gesture (wine is better though )
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

yum yum
                    Edible Flowers Chart - Home Cooking
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X