• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Registered Address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Registered Address

I am registering a limited company tomorrow and have decided upon everything other that the registered address. The company I am using to form my LTD offers a registered address at £50 per annum...is there any advantage to using their address rather than my own address which is free!

I can't understand why people would not just use their home address but clearly some people don't...

I have tried researching this but to no avail...any thoughts / advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Not that I can think of, other than they'll get the junk mail. My company has my address as its registered.

Comment

registered adresses are sometimes offered for "prestige" reasons.

ie 1 Thredneedle Street

sounds better than

23b Applenut Grove

No reason to get on on a small Ltd though

Comment

My registered address is my accountants.

The registered address is the one that HMRC will send any forms and notifications. By sending it to them directly, they will open it and act on it (with my delegated authority) so it saves me having to forward it all to them.

Anything not tax related is just sent to me by my accountant.

HTH

Comment

More of a problem if you move if you use your own address.

I just thought it was the "done thing". I'm sure all the companies I've worked for had an accountant as registered office, not the actual office.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

home owners

some kids might not own there own home...

but own their own company...

Comment

Working...
            X