• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Balls of Steel and shoulders of Hercules!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel and shoulders of Hercules!

Just back from gig. Been in since 7am. Bob has failed to deploy the system for over a week and I've been failing the UAT/Test phase for 7 days.

On holiday from Monday. Client now begging me to defer as the recipient is kicking up a fuss. Two days to go and the new deployment still doesn't work. That's fine. Going to cost you for the w/e/Monday.

Failure to complete is a £20k fine. Client paying extra to stay around.

Quick word with Mrs MF. 'Sorry love going to move the holiday by a few days I'm needed to sort some tulip out' 'Oh!!!!' 'Shut it. I'm the daddy round here. Go to your mums'

Poured a glass of wine, now going to knock out some mosiac pictures.

Balls of steel me. Balls of steel.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just back from gig. Been in since 7am. Bob has failed to deploy the system for over a week and I've been failing the UAT/Test phase for 7 days.

On holiday from Monday. Client now begging me to defer as the recipient is kicking up a fuss. Two days to go and the new deployment still doesn't work. That's fine. Going to cost you for the w/e/Monday.

Quick word with Mrs MF. 'Sorry love going to move the holiday by a few days I'm needed to sort some tulip out' 'Oh!!!!' 'Shut it. I'm the daddy round here. Go to your mums'

Jackanory!!! You are just trying to duck out of another stay in the In-Laws caravan, ain't ya?
    All this rubbish about deadlines.............bloody smokescreen if you ask me.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Not really she is only going to insist on a bigger pressie before putting out next.

Considering that you knew this was going to go pear shaped a month ago you could have given her a bit more warning.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

<durge>
        You.Are.A.Hero.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Its allright while you doing all this extra work she's up to the milkmans nuts and laughing behind your back
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            You.Are.A.Hero.
            Please Do NOT encourage him.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You.Are.A.Hero.
              Am I making you moist baby?

MF in 'Mans man' Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Please Do NOT encourage him.
                I forgot he would miss the sarcasm I had assumed was implicit
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I forgot he would miss the sarcasm I had assumed was implicit
                  The Yanks don't get sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    The Yanks don't get sarcasm.
                    Thanks for the compliment sweetheart.

Comment

Working...
                    X