• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying on the CUK Forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullying on the CUK Forum

I joined recently and put up a few perfectly good comments and posts.

However, what I've noticed is the there is a large amount of bulling which goes on here especially form long term members on new members.

I wonder if that's why there are so few recent members.

Instead of constructive arguments or debating points the 'good ole boys' of the Forum just indulge in insults.

it looks as if they want to scare new members off and keep it on the 'ole boy network'.

I don't know if any recent members (if there are many still here) have experienced this verbal bullying too.

Some of the main bullying appears to be from the administrators as can be seen from my profile (controlled by them)

"Lurker not a fighter

Craic is slower than a 486"

These people need to get a life and stop scaring new members away.
    Last edited by Craic; 27 July 2011, 23:11.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would go the police if I was you. These things are quite serious. Only a year ago we had a newbie being bullied and he disappeared only for his mummified body to be discovered in a council estate in Luton.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        I would go the police if I was you. These things are quite serious. Only a year ago we had a newbie being bullied and he disappeared only for his mummified body to be discovered in a council estate in Luton.
        WHS

What is more amazing is how that body in Luton has done since.

It's done one Boris Karloff movie. A Abbot and Costello film and more recently has been offering a £15 fix your
        laptop love you longtime service to
        old ladies in the Luton area.

Never underestimate a corpse wrapped in White.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'd take a look at your settings if I were you.

And then search for instructions on how to find out who neg repped you.

That's how you get your status.

(And actually there are a lot of new members posting)
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Oh, and by starting threads with the title ' Whom would you most like to see dead?', you are pretty much asking for a strong response.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

That's how you get your status.

(And actually there are a lot of new members posting)
              I know who it was. It was Old Greg.

And as regards threads, I would be happy for people to give their opinions. However, bullying appears to be endemic here for new members. If you are not in the 'ole boys club' then you are subject to insults rather than intelligent comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Craic View Post
                I know who it was. It was Old Greg.

And as regards threads, I would be happy for people to give their opinions. However, bullying appears to be endemic here for new members. If you are not in the 'ole boys club' then you are subject to insults rather than intelligent comments.

Grow a pair, goodness sakes, how the heck did you end up in IT contracting ? We had a massive sweep out of bedwetters a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I thought that had been fixed?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I thought that had been fixed?

How can you fix something that was never bust in the first place ?

Comment

Working...
                    X