• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Awards Ceremony tonight.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Awards Ceremony tonight.

I hate these things – we are going through a programme, and we are having a let your hair down disco with buffet food at a local hotel after an awards ceremony where everyone pats each other on the back.

Got my hotel room booked, cannot see a way out…. Argh!!!!!

If you engage in a spot of sexual harassment, or even just mild letching, I should imagine your invite will be revoked.

HTH.

Comment

My aunt had to retire early because of one of these company do’s
      She worked as a manager in a cleaning company, the tax system in Ireland meant that anyone earning over a certain amount was taxed heavily so no one wanted to work overtime. As a way around this my aunt went to the tax office and registered to women Mary-Jane and Betty. Any overtime was put into their name and the cheque given to whoever completed the work.
      The company was bought by a large corp. They arrange an event to give awards to long serving members of staff, she got an award. The new MD came up to her and asked if Mary-Jane and Betty were there as they would be getting their award next year.
      She retired while she still had a pension.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
      X