• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Branding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Branding

Has anyone had experience of getting some graphic design/ marketing consultancy done?

Does £60/hr sound reasonable? I was thinking it was one of them jobs where it's easy to blag your way through, thus making the distinction between value for money and waste of time hard to decipher. Anything I should look out for?

Anyone on here work in the field?

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Has anyone had experience of getting some graphic design/ marketing consultancy done?

Does £60/hr sound reasonable? I was thinking it was one of them jobs where it's easy to blag your way through, thus making the distinction between value for money and waste of time hard to decipher. Anything I should look out for?

I'll do it for £50/hr.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I'll do it for £59.99/hr. I'm no Picasso though.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I know a couple of people who will can give a more reasonable quote (and they do this for a living!). I've used them both before for branding, exhibition art work etc...
        Last edited by Spacecadet; 28 July 2011, 20:56.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I used to work in marketing/branding. Pot luck if you get someone good, 95% are crap, 5% are genius.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I used to work in marketing/branding. Pot luck if you get someone good, 95% are crap, 5% are genius.
            This is what I was thinking...and you were?

Comment

And the best 2 people I met with these skills were from Glasgow School of Art, good design is not something you just pick up.

Comment

This is what I was thinking...and you were?
                Did Toyota's UK branding for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  I know a couple of people who will can give a more reasonable quote (and they do this for a living!). I've used them both before for branding, exhibition art work etc...
                  I am looking for someone who could design to appeal to the younger-ish market (about 20-35). Quite trendy product packaging design for consumer product - does this sound like something they may be interested in?

I have had branding done before (for this or a very similar product), but by a young artist, who did a fantastic job - although took ages. That company had problems and I'm starting from scratch again and my wife has approached a midlands based maketing company where she knows one of the designers.

Also need vectorised logos, possibly web graphics, posters/ advertising material, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I'll do it for £59.99/hr. I'm no Picasso though.
                    I've seen your picture and I'd say you certainly could be a picasso.

Comment

Working...
                    X