• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 on Sky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 on Sky

Sky and BBC to share UK F1 television coverage from 2012 to 2018 - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

While all grands prix, qualifying and practice sessions will be broadcast on pay channel Sky Sports, only half the races will be shown live on the free-to-air BBC in the new arrangement, which runs from 2012 to 2018.
    It was good while it lasted, now pay up or feck off.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Free to air?

As in £145 per year free?

Comment

It's your own fault for subscribing to Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        Free to air?

As in £145 per year free?
        I don't mind paying the BBC, good service IMO.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          No, that £145 is the TV licence fee.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

F1's boring anyway. This deal gives more schedule time on the beeb for soaps, reality TV and mindless drivel.

I can't wait to renew my BBC licence so I don't miss out on any of it. If only they'd raise the licence fee we could have all the sport on 'free to air'.

Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I've got a basic Sky package because the PVR is still way better than anything else. I was tempted by Freesat HD but I've heard of many people reverting back to sky as it just isn't very good.

As long as Sky show all the far flung races whilst I'm sleep I guess it doesn't mater too much.

Comment

Bump

I posted first

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Bump

I posted first

Looks like you've become the betamax of F1 comments
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

F1 is getting ludicrous anyway, like football, and I might start losing interest. Drivers being paid millions of pounds a year by us mugs for doing something that most of the male population of the UK would do for free, and likely the drivers themselves. What a huge piss take it's become, like football.

Comment

Working...
                    X