• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 moving to Sky - Time the BBC licence became optional

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 moving to Sky - Time the BBC licence became optional

As I read the news that the BBC will only be showing half of the races live and that Sky Sports will be the only place to watch them all live I am now in mutiny against the BBC licence fee.

I do not want Sky. I do not want 99% of the drivel on the BBC. I therefore choose to not pay for either.

BBC Sport - F1 - BBC and Sky awarded rights in new Formula 1 deal

The BBC and Sky Sports will broadcast Formula 1 in the UK between 2012 and 2018 under a new rights deal.

Sky Sports will show every race, qualifying session and practice live.

BBC Sport will broadcast half the races live, as well as the qualifying and practice sessions from those races.

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, said: "This is fantastic news for F1 fans and Sky Sports will be the only place to follow every race live and in HD.
    FOAD Sky!

Why can't the Murdoch's crash and burn, bringing down the Sky with them.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

And yet to watch Sky, you have to pay the BBC £150/year too

Comment

This is very annoying. When at times I read about how BBC piss up our license fee the only consolation is that they provide me with a ad free F1 and shows like Top Gear etc.

FFS!
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        You have to pay Sky a fecking sight more than £150.
        And you can bet it won't be getting any cheaper once they've assumed the death grip.

Comment

Still, as long as Graham Norton et al are paid £1m/year, who cares if we have to lose little things like F1.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            And you can bet it won't be getting any cheaper once they've assumed the death grip.

At what point can the plebs in charge of the monopolising commitee say they have some work to do here?

When the Murdoch bribe dries up?
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

So tempting to get rid of television all together and pay neither of them a penny.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                As I read the news that the BBC will only be showing half of the races live and that Sky Sports will be the only place to watch them all live I am now in mutiny against the BBC licence fee.

I do not want Sky. I do not want 99% of the drivel on the BBC. I therefore choose to not pay for either.

BBC Sport - F1 - BBC and Sky awarded rights in new Formula 1 deal

FOAD Sky!

Why can't the Murdoch's crash and burn, bringing down the Sky with them.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Wasn't part of the problem with the F1 and the BBC that it was costing a huge portion of their sports budget for a small fraction of their audience?
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                    So tempting to get rid of television all together and pay neither of them a penny.
                    Agree - I've been thinking along the same lines... have you ever tried getting through to the "cancel your subscription to Sky option" on the phone?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X