• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BSkyB reports £1bn pre-tax profits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSkyB reports £1bn pre-tax profits

Should I buy some BSkyB shares before all those F1 fans jump onboard?

BSkyB reports £1bn pre-tax profits | Media | guardian.co.uk

BSkyB revenue up 16% as company announces share buy-back scheme to appease angry investors
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Shows there's more room for higher prices and taxes if the gen pop can continue to afford Sky subs.

When the benefits class can't afford Sky we know the level of payments are about right. If they choose to pay for Sky rather than food and heating, that's their choice in a 'free democracy'.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Profitable companies are good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Shows there's more room for higher prices and taxes if the gen pop can continue to afford Sky subs.
        You'd think so but people can't afford to go out these days so they figure the relatively small cost of Sky is a luxury worth having, I thought there would be mass cancellations at the start of the downturn but the opposite happened.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          You'd think so but people can't afford to go out these days so they figure the relatively small cost of Sky is a luxury worth having, I thought there would be mass cancellations at the start of the downturn but the opposite happened.
          Sky is like DFS and mobile phone providers in one.

There is always some kind of offer/sale on and if none of them appeal or are any good, you can normally negotiate some form of discount if you threaten to leave.

Comment

There may always be deals on but how cheap can you get the full monty of sports, movies and HD? Never seems that cheap when you price it all up.

I also don't like how you have to have certain packages before you can get others. e.g. Try just getting the HD channels. Impossible without also paying for the non-HD versions.

It's like telephone broadband, you have to pay for line rental and broadband even if you have no desire to use the line for phone calls. How is it more expensive for them to have broadband coming down the same line, it's just a switch in the exchange FFS! So line rental should have the option of calls, broadband, or both.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
            X