• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed I tell ya!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed I tell ya!!

BBC News - House prices are stabilising, says Nationwide

Read it and weep Alexei!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Until the big tranche of cuts takes effect.

Anyway, being a commie AtW can't help himself - he is genetically hard-wired to rent cheap apartments!

Comment

There has never been a better time to be in massive debt, as it puts you in the same boat as the banks and the govt, and they aren't about to make life more difficult for themselves by raising interest rates.

With rampant inflation and zero base rates and QE, we effectively have negative interest rates.

No wonder house prices are rising. You are being paid to own a property, the money coming from savers and the next generation to pay for it.

Comment

What I am noticing is a very two tier market. Desirable properties in the south east are selling rapidly at record prices but little else is selling.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          What I am noticing is a very two tier market. Desirable properties in the south east are selling rapidly at record prices but little else is selling.
          Simple supply and demand. There are not enough desirable prioperties to cope with demand in the SE.
          And some areas are recession proof simply because the pool of potential buyers are rich and international
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Yes, the SE is booming property wise. The whole concept of "average UK house price" is ridiculous, trying to compare rough bits of Wales, NI and England with prime properties in green belt Surrey for example.

The only thing that will shake the prime property prices is a large interest rate hike and that is never going to happen in our lifetimes. Infact I can see QE being exended to such an extent we are all billionaires many times over, making the £1M you paid for a house look like the bargain of a century.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              And some areas are recession proof simply because the pool of potential buyers are rich and international
              Are Wandsworth property prices going to climb due to the arrival of the USA Embassy?

They'll have to as compensation for the streets being filled with the dulcet tones of a Texan drawl.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Are Wandsworth property prices going to climb due to the arrival of the USA Embassy?

They'll have to as compensation for the streets being filled with the dulcet tones of a Texan drawl.
                Thankfully that's in Battersea miles away from the leafy Toast Rack
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

BBC News - Alvin Hall: The generation poorer than their parents

"Let's take my own house [which] I bought 16 years ago for £160,000. It's in south-east London. It's now worth about £1.15m.

"So I've gained a million pound windfall to which I do not feel entitled, and that windfall, at the moment, is tax-free. Were I to sell [the house], there's no tax on that gain."

"It may appear very lucky for me, but the reality is when I sell, it will probably be to a younger person who'll be getting a mortgage and spending most of their working life paying off that windfall which went to me. I don't think that's fair."

What do you think sas? Are you weeping for the the young sheeple who'll be paying 1 or 2 million pounds when you sell up, all tax free, villa in Portugal and and a bank account full of wonga?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    What do you think sas? Are you weeping for the the young sheeple who'll be paying 1 or 2 million pounds when you sell up, all tax free, villa in Portugal and and a bank account full of wonga?

Most people will be weeping for the poor people of Portugal at that point.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X