• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remember not to say to people IRL what you might post on CUK.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember not to say to people IRL what you might post on CUK.

Oops. Just had a bit of a moment in the corridor downstairs with some lass.

Was wondering along when something got stuck in my eye, so I tried getting it out with my finger, before looking in the reflection of a picture that was hanging there. I sort of had my finger in my eye, eyelid pulled open with one hand, head tilted and was probably gurning a little, when this rather chubby bird in an ill fitting dress walked up and start watching.

Gurning, stretching and looking at the distorted reflection from the picture she said 'got something in your eye', to which I said 'yeah', to which she then joked 'oh that picture makes you look really ugly'. Now it was obviously supposed to be a joke, albeit not very funny, to which without really thinking I said in CUK mode 'yes, and that dress makes you look really fat'

There was a bit of a stunned silence, she burst into tears and ran off down the corridor leaving me there with my finger in my eye.

I feel a little bad and have had a looked around the complex for her but couldn't find her. What should I do?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Was wondering along when something got stuck in my eye, so I tried getting it out with my finger, before looking in the reflection of a picture that was hanging there. I sort of had my finger in my eye, eyelid pulled open with one hand, head tilted and was probably gurning a little, when this rather chubby bird in an ill fitting dress walked up and start watching.

Gurning, stretching and looking at the distorted reflection from the picture she said 'got something in your eye', to which I said 'yeah', to which she then joked 'oh that picture makes you look really ugly'. Now it was obviously supposed to be a joke, albeit not very funny, to which without really thinking I said in CUK mode 'yes, and that dress makes you look really fat'

There was a bit of a stunned silence, she burst into tears and ran off down the corridor leaving me there with my finger in my eye.

I feel a little bad and have had a looked around the complex for her but couldn't find her. What should I do?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Don't knock fat birds, they are why more appreciative when you throw one a boner
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

How about stop making tulip up and get a job?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          How about stop making tulip up and get a job?
          Line 1. Got a call on line 1 for a Mr Dimprawn. It's a Mr Pot.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Did you mean to log in as Gricer for that ?
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

MMM. I like fat ladies.

A big fat bloke came to look at repairing my central heating yesterday. He could barely get between the unit and wall to check it out.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sounds like something wim121 would do.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  Sounds like something wim121 would do.
                  He's a contractor. Just annoyed the HR director and the project he is working on goes officially pear shaped Monday morning.

Wearing my Mystic Meg hat I see a bench approaching.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

oh deary me.....
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X