• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasgow Hogmanay party scrapped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasgow Hogmanay party scrapped

Aye we're all doomed I tell yah.

Glasgow's traditional Hogmanay party in George Square is scrapped after the city council decides it is no longer value for money.
    Working class people of Glasgow come to Edinburgh for a real party.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Working class people of Glasgow come to Edinburgh for a real party.
    Are you sure you want a few hundred thousand west coast begbies turning up for your shindig?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Are you sure you want a few hundred thousand west coast begbies turning up for your shindig?
      I think you'll find begbie is east coast ... we have a better class of ned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
        I think you'll find begbie is east coast ... we have a better class of ned.
        Yeah, west coast neds don't wear pringle jumpers for a start.

And NO self respecting Weedgie ned would dare go out with a moustache
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I know what he is

I meant in the attitude, it's just a recipe for a massive barney.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Yeah, west coast neds don't wear pringle jumpers for a start.

And NO self respecting Weedgie ned would dare go out with a moustache
            I remember seeing a few pringle jumpers in in the west coast during the 80's

Comment

I know what he is

I meant in the attitude, it's just a recipe for a massive barney.

Rubbish. Glasgow was recently voted the 'friendliest city in Europe', strangely enough, at roughly the same time as being voted 'most dangerous'
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Rubbish. Glasgow was recently voted the 'friendliest city in Europe', strangely enough, at roughly the same time as being voted 'most dangerous'
                I love Glasgow, spent many happy years living there. I always tell people that Glasgow is the sort of place where you can meet someone and they'll become your best mate for the night and get you hame for dinner. Or stab you. It's 50/50

Comment

Yeah. You might get stabbed, but at least you'll get directions to the nearest Hospital.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I remember seeing a few pringle jumpers in in the west coast during the 80's
                    I had one, and cement coloured kickers too ...

Comment

Working...
                    X