• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Developers. Learn to use the phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developers. Learn to use the phone

For fricks sake.

What is it with developers and bloody email???

If the system goes down and it's urgent phone some fricker up don't just send them an email!!!

They're bloody remote to which means I can't even wheel one around the room in his chair!

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    For fricks sake.

What is it with developers and bloody email???

If the system goes down and it's urgent phone some fricker up don't just send them an email!!!

They're bloody remote to which means I can't even wheel one around the room in his chair!

They're developers. Ipso facto they're crap at actual interaction with other human beings, other than via the medium of technology. Kind of like mild aspergers, without the clever part.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      They're developers. Ipso facto they're crap at actual interaction with other human beings, other than via the medium of technology. Kind of like mild aspergers, without the clever part.
      Semaphore. It's the future.

Comment

It's a well known fact that when dealing with cretins always put it in writing. Rule #1 in the arse-covered manual.

Arse Covering
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Experience has told me never to pick up the phone.

Comment

Oh the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              It's a well known fact that when dealing with cretins always put it in writing. Rule #1 in the arse-covered manual.

Arse Covering
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Very 19th century. Perhaps you should give them your telegraphic address?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Yep, especially if it's someone elses. That's what voicemail is for. They don't pay me to be office receptionist.

At my last client based contract I managed to avoid having a phone on my desk despite being relocated around the open plan office several times.

A number of times someone would call a phone a few desks away saying they couldn't find me on the phone system. Loved it.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    No-one has ever called me to ask if I need anything doing... (except for Double Glazing).

Comment

Working...
                    X