• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple richer than USA - buyout imminent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple richer than USA - buyout imminent?

BBC News - Apple holding more cash than USA

Apple now has more cash to spend than the United States government.

Latest figures from the US Treasury Department show that the country has an operating cash balance of $73.7bn (£45.3bn).

Apple's most recent financial results put its reserves at $76.4bn (£46.9bn).

Amazing how much money they've made from repackaging the MP3 player and being first to market with a decent, almost reasonably priced digital download service.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

I wonder how much the UK has in cash reserves?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've got more cash to spend than the USA government.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        I wonder how much the UK has in cash reserves?

How long is a roll of Bank of England printer paper?
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          BBC News - Apple holding more cash than USA

Amazing how much money they've made from repackaging the MP3 player and being first to market with a decent, almost reasonably priced digital download service.
          Much of their cash comes from being first to market with decent, usable handheld computers - iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

Comment

They've certainly succeeded with the design and marketing where others have failed in the past. Maybe they were in the right place at the right time technology wise.

Most of their products are an evolution of the touch tablet that must have been around for well over 20 years, yet only in modern times has the technology been able to deliver on the promise, both in terms of hardware and software.

I wonder how they get away with it patent wise when there is certainly prior technology around predating anything iTouch. Maybe the finger is deemed sufficiently different to the old stylus.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Vote for apple!

Manifesto captions "shiny thing make it all better"
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Maybe they were in the right place at the right time technology wise.

Most of their products are an evolution of the touch tablet that must have been around for well over 20 years, yet only in modern times has the technology been able to deliver on the promise, both in terms of hardware and software.
                I think what they did to touch pads is what BMW did to mini, keep working through the mistakes / lessons learnt until you get a winner. Something UK industry & unions struggle to understand.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Apple should buy the federal government and move into the shiny white house.

Apple iHouse Glass House instead of White House

Comment

All that money though. Let's just hope Jobs doesn't go mad, buy a White cat and start stealing submarines, space shuttles and nuclear bombs.

Anyway wasn't 'Apple' an English company to start with?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X