• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mumford and Sons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mumford and Sons

I know they're the flavour of the moment but someone's just made me sit through their Mumford and Sons album

Oh Lord - what an awful dirge; a bunch of blokes with banjoes and other folky like paraphernalia bellyaching about stuff that only folkies bellyache about.

A melange of the very worst of hillbilly cum Irish folk music.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    I know they're the flavour of the moment but someone's just made me sit through their Mumford and Sons album

Oh Lord - what an awful dirge; a bunch of blokes with banjoes and other folky like paraphernalia bellyaching about stuff that only folkies bellyache about.

A melange of the very worst of hillbilly cum Irish folk music.
    I only sing folkie stuff that involves shaggin' & drinkin' which is a good percentage of the repertoire. Only the English think folk music should be accompanied by razor blades applied to the wrist.

Then again, if I was English....
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Saw them live at Shephards Bush Empire. Probably the best gig I've ever been to.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        I only sing folkie stuff that involves shaggin' & drinkin' which is a good percentage of the repertoire. Only the English think folk music should be accompanied by razor blades applied to the wrist.

I'm surprised you haven't topped yourself after some of the dirges you've got on your website.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Sounds like a firm of Removal men.

tulip, I'm old aren't I?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            I'm surprised you haven't topped yourself after some of the dirges you've got on your website.
            Some of them dirges are paying for the new aeroplane, no accounting for taste
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I actually like King Creosote. Nice bit of electric viola, like the Velvet Underground.

I am cool again I think.

Comment

Some of them dirges are paying for the new aeroplane, no accounting for taste
                To paraphrase somebody famous, I'd defend your right to make it to the ends of the earth, just don't expect me to listen to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  To paraphrase somebody famous, I'd defend your right to make it to the ends of the earth, just don't expect me to listen to it!
                  WGAF.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

WGAF.
                    Cheer up misery guts.

Comment

Working...
                    X