• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roadkill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roadkill

Did two on the way home on the Brynglas Tunnels avoiding route.

M50, 40mph in the 'protecting the workforce lane via single lane' bit - where are the workforce exactly? Anyway, stupid but nicely feathered small pigeon type bird decided to swoop for a miniscule bread crumb, literally 2cms in front of my car, result, a few underbody thumps and a very spectacular feather explosion in my rear view mirror. It really was worth the death of a lowly pigeon. The Nuns is the Ka behind me got an even better view I bet...

Later, M5, quite literally half way between Strensham North Services and the M42 junction, I spotted a brown rabbit-shaped rabbit bouncing about from the wheels of a truck ahead, my right offside Goodyear undoubtedly finishing the Bunny off with a textbook squashing. I can't claim full glory for that one, but I reckon I did deliver the coup de gras for little Bugs.

Long time since I did two in a day, 2001 I think, a March Bunny on a B road near Creca, Dumfries and Galloway and a crow on the slip road from Eaglesfield onto the M74....

A mate of mine did a stag on the M6 near Tebay, totally wrecked his Vectra, some would say the stag didn't die in vain, one Vectra less...

Same problem a while back. Near Liverpool and some fella walked out. Big perm, tracksuit ran him over.

Not sure if he died. Decided to drive on, didn't want to lose my hubcaps.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Decided to drive on, didn't want to lose my hubcaps.
      How is the ole' Allegro these days?

Comment

I ran over a rabbit and damaged the sump, punctured offside wheel, bent steering arm and smashed fog light.

BTW, I had to drive over two fields to catch the bugger,
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
        X