• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to claim /pay business mileage on FRS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to claim /pay business mileage on FRS

Hi, I have looked into few other threads to find a specific answer:

My ltd co is on FRS.

I do about 1200 miles every month (60 a day)

I am calculating business mileaage @ 45 pence per mile.

I want to make a business mileage payment to myself for last 3 months. I tend to maintain a mileage claim form on month basic.

Is that a normal practice that I can pay from the company account to my personal account and inform the accountant? Some people seem to process such payments every month?

Given that I am on FRS , whats the formula to calculate the payment to be made? e.g. 1000 miles * .45 = 450 GBP? Is that right?

Ta

I pay myself the mileage monthly and I keep a spreadsheet record of the payments that I send to the accountant annually. You are correct, pay 45p for the first 10k miles then 25p over that.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The AMAP scheme is available to you regardless of whether your company is on FRS or not. Your calculations look right.

ZED.

Comment

Yes, I am going to process the business mileage + expenses payment to my personal account on monthly basis from now on. That just gives me better idea about financial affairs.

thanks for replying!

Comment

Given the extortionate cost of petrol, 45p/mile barely covers the fumes that evaporate while filling up the tank. When is this this ridiculous number going to be increased?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            Given the extortionate cost of petrol, 45p/mile barely covers the fumes that evaporate while filling up the tank. When is this this ridiculous number going to be increased?!
            I think they did increase it recently, it was 40p. Considering the price of petrol has probably doubled since the 40p rate was introduced, I agree that the 45p rate is a bit of a joke.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
            X