• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A judge talking sense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A judge talking sense

Anyone seen the case of the 10 year old boy taken to court over racist abuse in the playground! Apparantly the boys are now the best of friends but the judge who said it was political correctness gone mad (quite rightly IMHO) has been slated by teachers groups. The CPS are 'considering' dropping the case - what a waste of money!

What a waste of taxpayer money thanks to the PC muppets in the CPS that actually dediced to take this to court. This is blatantly a give the kid a good kicking and tell him not to do it again case.

Lets think about it for a minute, does a 10 year old really understand just how offensive this form of abuse is? I doubt it, it's probably an easy way to verbally hurt another child that they have had an argument with, it's unlikely that they really mean it in the same way that a 30 year old racisit does. The fact that he is now best buddies with this other child pretty much proves this.

As for the muppets who have been making a big deal out of this judges comments, they are part of the problem. Why don't we line them up and shoot them all now and save ourselves lots of pointless whining and wasted taxpayer money. Hell if the government is going to watse my money they may as well appear to be trying to do something worthwhile with it while they waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
      This is blatantly a give the kid a good kicking and tell him not to do it again case.
      Which is just about what the judge said.

Judge Finestein adjourned the case, saying the boys would have got "a good clouting" in his day.
      (see here )

Of course in these Politically Correct days giving him a good clout would be illegal as is most other forms of punishment it seems.

It's no surprise really when our national broadcaster uses the headline highlighting that his (the judges) comments were attacked rather than the judges comments that the case was "crazy".

The comment from Judith Elderkin, NUT National Executive member is even more hilarious. As in she thought he was "out of date" with the way issues are dealt with in schools today.

Ah! So that means that children are not punished in school, they are hauled in front of the beak?

Yes, very good
      Last edited by zathras; 7 April 2006, 12:24.

Comment

All well and good, but calling someone Osama Bin Laden could of had dire consequences, the victim might have been hauled off to Guantanamo Bay, you just don't know what horrors could have occured before they realised the suspect was a 10 year old kid whereas Osama Bin Laden is nearly 50.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

could have
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            All well and good, but calling someone Osama Bin Laden could of had dire consequences, the victim might have been hauled off to Guantanamo Bay, you just don't know what horrors could have occured before they realised the suspect was a 10 year old kid whereas Osama Bin Laden is nearly 50.
            THREADED IS OSAMA BIN LADEN !!!!!

*waits patiently for the USMC to swoop on threaded and haul him off to guantanamo bay

Comment

There's this thing I keep passing at work. Looks like a set of steel stocks with very small hand holes, I was convinced it was for torturing small children. Asked a bloke what it was for today, it's some dull aircraft thing apparently. Great pity our society has forgotten what a marvellous character former excessive cruelty can be.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ooh, I love it when you talk dirty

Originally posted by xoggoth
                There's this thing I keep passing at work. Looks like a set of steel stocks with very small hand holes, I was convinced it was for torturing small children. Asked a bloke what it was for today, it's some dull aircraft thing apparently. Great pity our society has forgotten what a marvellous character former excessive cruelty can be.

You should have a newspaper column Xog, have you written to graunaid asking if they need a new columnist?
                Why not?

Comment

Working...
                X