• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here had a Porsche 911?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here had a Porsche 911?

I'm just wondering if it's worth buying a 2nd hand one for around £35k, just for jokes before I get too old to appreciate the finer aspects of life.

Forget practicality, this is just about the beginning of a mid-life crisis, and I want to enjoy it just a little.

If you're only having a small crisis, just get a cayman.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      I'm just wondering if it's worth buying a 2nd hand one for around £35k, just for jokes before I get too old to appreciate the finer aspects of life.

Forget practicality, this is just about the beginning of a mid-life crisis, and I want to enjoy it just a little.
      I have two - One black one white

HTH

Comment

I do not see the point of having a Porsche 911 because you can’t use the full potential especially on the clogged up roads of the UK. Why not buy a fully restored classic car that you can enjoy at any speed. There are loads of fantastic classics in £5k to £25k bracket.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I had a 5 year old 996 carrera 4s and loved it...it had the GT2 kit on it and looked awesome. I covered 30k miles in the 12 months I had it and it was cheaper to run than the A5 I have now...super reliable and nowhere near super car servicing costs. Room in back for kids and can easily accommodate 2people and 2 sets of golf clubs with the seats folded down.

Only got rid of it as I kept getting speeding points with that and Yamaha R1! Highly recommended as a car but beware those cameras!

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
            I have two - One black one white

HTH
            Your genito-urinary problems are of little interest to us. Try to remain on-topic please.

Comment

Every flavour of 911 here in munich, they look fun but would rather have myself a maserati first.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Maser

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Every flavour of 911 here in munich, they look fun but would rather have myself a maserati first.
                Hello....1st post!

Completely agree, the Maser has much more personality and a bigger GT car, stylish interior too....and not many on the roads.

Comment

Obviously 911s are great cars, but another vote here for getting something a little bit less ten-a-penny.

Comment

Note - 911s are based on a flawed design, and unless you make sure that whatever you buy has all of the electronics available, you can be sure that you'll see the engine passing you the first time you floor it in the wet. Get something, anything with the classic front engine rear drive setup, and you may live a bit longer. Beetles were never designed to go that fast.
                    World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
                    X