• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recruitment Consultant to be Caned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recruitment Consultant to be Caned

British businessman faces lashing for 'pinching woman's buttocks' while on holiday in Singapore | Mail Online

This should bring a smile to a few faces on here

British businessman faces lashing for 'pinching woman's buttocks' while on holiday in Singapore
    By ANDY WHELAN

Bailed: Briton Austin Cowburn
    A British businessman on holiday in Singapore faces being lashed with a cane after being accused of squeezing a woman’s bottom in a nightclub.
    Austin Cowburn, a recruitment consultant, is alleged to have pinched the woman’s buttocks while partying in the upmarket Boat Quay area at 4am.
    It is understood he was visiting the island from Doha, Qatar, where he worked as a senior executive for international recruitment company NES Global.
    According to local reports, Mr Cowburn, 34, was charged on Friday with outraging the modesty of the woman at the China One club on April 3.
    At the hearing, a judge set his bail at £4,900 and he is now staying in a backpacker hostel in the Chinatown area of the island, having surrendered his passport to police.
    He is due to appear for a pre-trial hearing on Wednesday and, if convicted, could be jailed for two years, fined up to £6,000 or be sentenced to a lashing with a 4ft rattan cane.
    Mr Cowburn, who attended Bury Grammar School, is believed to have moved from Manchester to Doha around two years ago.

Singapore's Boat Quay is popular with partygoers
    Under Singapore’s strict laws – little altered since the days of British colonial rule – caning is widely used to punish criminals.
    The state is often criticised for its severe punishments.
    Selling or importing chewing gum is punishable with a fine of up to £6,000, littering or spitting can result in a fine of up to £6,000, and there is a mandatory death penalty for murder and certain drug trafficking and firearms offences.

Read more: British businessman faces lashing for 'pinching woman's buttocks' while on holiday in Singapore | Mail Online
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-recently.html

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Dodgy, we're contractors not monsters.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Dodgy, we're contractors not recruitment consultants.
        Fixed that for you.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Fixed that for you.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Fixed that for you.
            POTD.

Twas only a Sunday though

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I hope he's got thick skin.

Comment

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I dont understand why things like this are in the media at all.

- If you commit a crime, face the consequences.
                  - If you dont like the way a country enforces the law, dont visit it.

It really is very simple.

Comment

... or be sentenced to a lashing with a 4ft rattan cane
                    Some people pay good money for that...
                    Loopy Loo

Comment

Working...
                    X