• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beach umbrella, ella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beach umbrella, ella

My only experience of them is once having hired one whilst abroad and it probably cost more to hire than it would have cost to buy a new, albeit smaller, umbrella. Maybe I'm getting old but this time around I feel I might enjoy the beach more if my skin is not being bombarded by ultra violet rays, not needing to squint, cover myself in insanely expensive suntan lotion, or make my own eye-catching shelter out of a bin liner, string and locally sourced sticks.

Here's the question. Do you buy the umbrella abroad, take it with you, rent one or just bake under the sun au natural and get cancer like white folk? Presumably touristy places are on to the sneaky tourist buying their own umbrella malarky and have taken remedial actions?

You raise an interesting point but, sadly, I feel my umbrella bartering skills are not sufficient offer any useful advice.
    I would suggest that you purchase some inexpensive white t-shirts and a hat from Primark. It'll save you a fortune on sun cream as you'll have to apply it less frequently. (or just buy a very cheapo, but ordinary, brolly). I certainly wouldn't hand over vastly inflated sums to Johnny Foreigner.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      You raise an interesting point but, sadly, I feel my umbrella bartering skills are not sufficient offer any useful advice.
      I would suggest that you purchase some inexpensive white t-shirts and a hat from Primark. It'll save you a fortune on sun cream as you'll have to apply it less frequently. (or just buy a very cheapo, but ordinary, brolly). I certainly wouldn't hand over vastly inflated sums to Johnny Foreigner.
      You're not taking this question seriously moneybags, obviously a handkerchief with knots tied in the corners is cheaper than buying a hat from Primark. Duh. Or maybe I'm out of touch with you rich white folk.

Comment

You tell me where you can buy a single white handkerchief?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You tell me where you can buy a single white handkerchief?
          Past Christmas gift, stored with with the cuff links, etc? Or failing that a serviette from MacDonalds may serve, if you have a small head. Don't tell me you rent sun loungers too?

Comment

My missus is beach high maintenance. She doesn't do sand unless they have waiter service, sunbeds, umbrellas and a wooden walkway. I kid you not.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              My missus is married to a contractor. She shouldn't have to do sand unless they have waiter service, sunbeds, umbrellas and a wooden walkway. I kid you not.
              ftfy

Comment

My missus is beach high maintenance. She doesn't do sand unless they have waiter service, sunbeds, umbrellas and a wooden walkway. I kid you not.
                As lockhouse points out, I contract so i can afford all these items supplied by the hotel forget the missus this is the minimum i want and i want it on a private beach.
                Seriously taking or purchasing an umbrella where are you going skegness???

Comment

My missus is beach high maintenance. She doesn't do sand unless they have waiter 'service', sunbeds, umbrellas and a wooden walkway. I kid you not.
                  FTFY

Comment

Working...
                  X