• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internet Explorer users "have a lower IQ"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer users "have a lower IQ"

Was their ever a doubt?

The lower your IQ, the more likely you are to use Internet Explorer, according to a massive online survey.

AptiQuant, a Canadian firm that provides online employment assessments, polled 101,326 people online, finding a relationship between IQ and browser choice.

"A significant number of individuals with a low score on the cognitive test were found to be using Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6.0 to 9.0," the report found.

Improve your IQ today, get a Mac!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Improve your IQ today, get a Mac!!
    Or use Firefox.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Is use Internet Explorer V1

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Was their ever a doubt?[/URL]
        Is there a relationship between IQ and basic literacy?

Comment

Explains why so many Government's still use IE6
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Or use Firefox.
            Or Chrome.

Currently use all three browsers on my PC.

I use IE for CUK and other forums where it's automatically logged in as I can't be arsed digging out the details to set it up on a different browser.

Use Firefox for a couple of plug-ins. e.g. Property Bee that shows house price change history on Rightmove. So when Nationwide, Halifax et al (with vested interests in getting people to buy property) say prices are going up I can have a laugh at all the price reductions over the last year or two. None of the properties I've looked at show price increases, but then I'm not interested in tulipholes like London.

Use Chrome for everything else as it's the fastest overall and my current favourite.

How's my IQ?
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Or Chrome.

Currently use all three browsers on my PC.

I use IE for CUK and other forums where it's automatically logged in as I can't be arsed digging out the details to set it up on a different browser.

Use Firefox for a couple of plug-ins. e.g. Property Bee that shows house price change history on Rightmove. So when Nationwide, Halifax et al (with vested interests in getting people to buy property) say prices are going up I can have a laugh at all the price reductions over the last year or two. None of the properties I've looked at show price increases, but then I'm not interested in tulipholes like London.

Use Chrome for everything else as it's the fastest overall and my current favourite.

How's my IQ?
              Still low as you can do all that with Chrome so no need for the other two
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

here we go another great example of a comparison being drawn between 2 unrelated statistics

many people who first use the internet etc will be doing it probably on a bog standard PC - which comes with IE as standard.

The actual stat is that the first experience many people will have with a browser will be IE and as that will also include the low IQ demograph who may then never go on to use other browsers then you will always get a statistic which shows low IQ users use IE - not out of choice I think is the key

burble burble

Comment

As original PM said. Using other browsers requires basic skills in searching, downloading and installing.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Chrome is the finest in my opinion, very fast (starting up and browsing) and plenty of extensions. I also like the sync feature, means all my devices have same bookmarks etc. I think firefox has this now also. Anyone using IE should be taken round the back and shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X