• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK Dragons Den thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official CUK Dragons Den thread

Could not see any other official thread on Dragons Den so starting a new one

Did anybody catch the episode yesterday ? ( was it a re run ?)

New lady dragon replaces James Khan and boy she sounds like a dominatrix. Very crude manly voice. Not sure where she made her money, I never heard of her before.

Disappointing episode though. There was a bloke trying to sell a toilet turd splashback inhibitor. No tulip ! The dragons were tulipting themselves. :

Some girl got money for a dot com company, dont know what it does the website had crashed when I went to check.

A builder sort of chap bluffed his way about solar panels etc and every dragon was jumping up and down to pour their money into the renewable energy malarkey.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

I didn't watch it but the new girl made her money with pallet line (which basically fills lorries up on their return legs). Not a bad idea really.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

There was a bloke trying to sell a toilet turd splashback inhibitor. No tulip ! The dragons were tulipting themselves. :
      That is one of the few problems in modern life that I have spent some time thinking about, I liked his solution though I would have taken it further and coated it in PTFE.

I've found a few toilets in Euroland where they have a little poop shelf but it's always covered in dried on tulip, maybe that with a more concentrated flush trajectory is the answer?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Only watched the first pitch - when I say pitch, I mean the Essex girl who dried up after only a few minutes.

Fk knows how she managed to secure an investment thereafter - the Dragons didn't ask her very many questions.

They seemed to be more impressed by the URL of her website (presentclub.com) than anything else.

Not sure of the new Dragon as yet - seems nice enough but she really does need to tone down her looks and wardrobe - especially the shoulder pads.

Comment

Its actually thepresentclub.co.uk which is a crap domain name. Not sure about the business model as I can't work it out yet.

Actually yes I can anyone remember the farepack debacle.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Its actually thepresentclub.co.uk which is a crap domain name. Not sure about the business model as I can't work it out yet.

Actually yes I can anyone remember the farepack debacle.
            She said she also had presentclub.com but is shows as for sale??
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              She said she also had presentclub.com but is shows as for sale??

And she has registered her main domain as a 'UK Individual' rather than a company.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

She owns both - thepresentclub.com & thepresentclub.co.uk

The .com forwards you to the .co.uk address

I would imagine the Dragons may look at widening the scope beyond toys.

Thinking about it, do those two (Theo and Peter) still own Red Letter Days?

Maybe they are thinking of using thepresentclub to sell RLD experiences as well.

Edit: They do offer activity days but don't know if this is pre or post Dragon involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  And she has registered her main domain as a 'UK Individual' rather than a company.
                  Not looked into this, so she can't use it commercially?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Only watched the first pitch - when I say pitch, I mean the Essex girl who dried up after only a few minutes.

Fk knows how she managed to secure an investment thereafter - the Dragons didn't ask her very many questions.

They seemed to be more impressed by the URL of her website (presentclub.com) than anything else.

Not sure of the new Dragon as yet - seems nice enough but she really does need to tone down her looks and wardrobe - especially the shoulder pads.

The bint in that pic is not the bint shown on the website as the 70% owner.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X