• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waste of time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waste of time

Have been benched since early July, although I went 2 week holiday so really only since last Wednesday. Has an interview just before holiday and sounded positive. Agent kept in touch saying they had rejected other candidates but asked when I could start. A week later still not concrete offer, agent says they are trying to sort out with HR the contract. Agent phones this morning says the company is cutting contractors now so no offer. WTF why interview people then? Then keep them hanging for 2 weeks.

Thinking about going permie, can't be arsed with this every year or two.

Originally posted by russell View Post
    A week later still not concrete offer, agent says they are trying to sort out with HR the contract. Agent phones this morning says the company is cutting contractors now so no offer. WTF why interview people then? Then keep them hanging for 2 weeks.
    How do you think HR justify their existence if it is not through timewasting tosh like this whole scenario?
    First ones in, last ones out. Come the revolution, first ones up against the wall!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      How do you think HR justify their existence if it is not through timewasting tosh like this whole scenario?
      First ones in, last ones out. Come the revolution, first ones up against the wall!!

I would have much preferred if they ,didn't interview me until budget was approved or rejected me after a day or two. Hanging on like that is very annoying.

Comment

It happens a lot. Interview turns into an offer pending paperwork turns into withdrawal because of 'recruitment freeze' or similar BS.

Don't think for one minute going permie would be any different.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          It happens a lot. Interview turns into an offer pending paperwork turns into withdrawal because of 'recruitment freeze' or similar BS.

Don't think for one minute going permie would be any different.
          Yeah, that's true. Ah well back to job hunting.

Comment

Definitely no different in permie world.

Enjoy the sunshine in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              The secret is to carry on job hunting until the offer is firm & the contract is in your hot sticky little hand.
              I did, bit quiet up here in JockLand

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                Definitely no different in permie world.

Enjoy the sunshine in the meantime.
                I'm in JockLand, What is this 'sunshine' thing you speak of?

Comment

What is your 'thing' Russell ? I know of a couple of jobs going in Edinburgh.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    I'm in JockLand, What is this 'sunshine' thing you speak of?
                    Ah - make you hot and sticky. Not all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X