• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making a lot of money on spreadbetting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a lot of money on spreadbetting

Today has been a very good day trading the FTSE100, S&P500, BRENT and selling EURUSD.

All tax free too.

Loverly Jubbly.

Up your stakes... this time next year Rodders.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Today has been a very good day trading the FTSE100, S&P500, BRENT and selling EURUSD.

All tax free too.

Loverly Jubbly.

Home

HTH

Comment

All tax free too.

Loverly Jubbly.

The way you're making money hand-over-fist from spread-betting, gold etc, one would think you would be able to afford that one-bed over the kebab shop in Hackney

Nurse! He needs his meds.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Home

HTH
          It's only gambling when you lose.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            The way you're making money hand-over-fist from spread-betting, gold etc, one would think you would be able to afford that one-bed over the kebab shop in Hackney

Nurse! He needs his meds.
            Unfortunately, even making £1K a day, I'm still not making as much as homeowners in Wandsworth.

Comment

Unfortunately, even making £1K a day, I'm still not making as much as homeowners in Wandsworth.

Very true. Neighbour moving to Singapore, 3 doors down, put their house on the market. Had an open day and offers went to sealed bids. She told me they got more than the asking, cash buyer.

It's 2007 all over again.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Being young and naive to such things, I wish I had two things:

1) The knowledge of how to actually spreadbet (preferably with some sort of success rate)
                2) A bit more capital to play with (new to the contracting game so not sure I have what is classed as a 'war chest' just yet...)

Still, I am working on both points. Any advice is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by chana7 View Post
                  Any advice is appreciated!
                  Don't do shorts.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Don't do shorts.
                    WHS. And don't wear socks with sandals if you do.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X