• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing Skillet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Skillet

Thinking of getting a new skillet more commonly known as a frying pan. Currently I have one of these:

Which is all well and good but there are shinier alternatives like this one:

Also this one has a thinner construction meaning faster heat transfer making it more similar to a traditional skillet.

Any suggestions?
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Thinking of getting a new skillet more commonly known as a frying pan. Currently I have one of these:

Which is all well and good but there are shinier alternatives like this one:

Also this one has a thinner construction meaning faster heat transfer making it more similar to a traditional skillet.

Any suggestions?
    Not what you need for cooking. You need slow and even heat transfer that is why cast iron is the best. I have a very heavy one bought in a country town in the USA. I have not seen any as good since then.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cast-Iron-Sk...2237868&sr=1-2
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

as long as you have gas and you're not one of these plonkers with an induction cooker then the world is yours and you can use whatever pan you want

i like the tefals 'cos they're easy to clean

the skillet looks great and the stainless steel, but once you've done bacon and eggs you need to soak them for three days before you can get the residue off which actually might be the healthy option as it stops you having a fryup every day

anyway, easy peasy, buy tefal, they're cheap and get another a few years later when they wear out, they're easy to clean and my tip, get the big wok cos you can cook anything in it and you get less oil spitting over the side

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

anyway, easy peasy, buy tefal, they're cheap and get another a few years later when they wear out, they're easy to clean and my tip, get the big wok cos you can cook anything in it and you get less oil spitting over the side

Milan.
        WHS. I love my tefal wok.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
        X