• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accommodation in The Hague

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accommodation in The Hague

Anyone got any recommendations for short term lets in the Hague?

Need something for about a month initially.

TIA
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Need something for about a month initially.

TIA
    When I worked there I used to head out to Scheveningen and find a B&B. Lots of good pubs and restaurants and a
    multi-screen cinema too. At this time of year I expect it will be busy, it being seaside and all, but it is only a short ride on the bus back into town so worth the short commute IMHO.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Don't rule out the wider area, including Amsterdam, in the search for somewhere good within your budget. Dutch public transport, especially rail, makes good old British public transport seem positively antiquated in standards.

Last time I worked in that area (2005) I managed to negotiate about a 40% reduction in room rate at one of the larger hotels (can't remember the name but can remember the unheated pool). It's worth putting out feelers to the hotels as they're often far more willing to negotiate than the British standard.

Comment

Am flexible on the area as I know the commute will be reasonable.

I would prefer a solid base rather than a hotel as I don't want to be lugging stuff home every weekend.

I'm moving over there permanently so just need summat that can tide me over till I find a decent rental for Mr N, the NorPusses and myself.

If there's any websites or companies that anyone has used that would be useful, have googled a few but there's nowt much about.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Seb Coe found a nice little spot up his arse, as I recall.

Comment

Have a look at some of the xpat sites

expatriates.com - The Hague - Housing Available

also search using Den Haag.

Rooms for Rent - Den haag

When I was there the company supplies apartment so I can't recommend anything.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, a friend has kindly offered me his apartment while he is away so

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I stayed in a basement flat of a very nice couple in TheresiaStraat (1km east of Central Station) when I was there. Can PM you the details if interested..

Comment

It's free for war criminals, long lets only.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                  X