• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Calling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Calling

Doubleplusgood

AIR TERROR ALERT OVER CLASH HIT

By Jeremy Armstrong

AN ASIAN salesman was hauled off a plane as a suspected terrorist because he was listening to The Clash song London Calling.

Harraj Mann, 24, was quizzed for three hours by Special Branch after his taxi driver overheard the lyrics, which include the lines "war is declared and battle come down".

The mobile phone seller, from Hartlepool, said: "I got a taxi to Teesside Airport and it had one of those things that plugs into your music player.

"I played Procol Harum, Whiter Shade of Pale first, which the taxi man liked.

"I figured he liked the classics, so I put on Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song. Then, since I was going to London I played The Clash and finished up with Nowhere Man by The Beatles.

"He didn't like Led Zeppelin or The Clash but I don't think there was any need to tell the police."

Advertisement

Durham police said: "By the time it was established the man did not pose a security risk, the plane had taken off."
    Last edited by Central-Scrutiniser; 7 April 2006, 14:00.
    If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Working...
X