• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS IT System

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS IT System

NHS pulls the plug on its £11bn IT system - Health News, Health & Families - The Independent

Come on, own up, who fooked this up?

Makes me even more determined to minimise tax payments to HMG. Wasteful s

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    NHS pulls the plug on its £11bn IT system - Health News, Health & Families - The Independent

Sorry about that, everyone.

Comment

not worked on this directly but thought it was a good idea, but i think one of thefailings has been NHS Trusts all have their own unique requirements and processes, these should have been consolidated first then the IT should follow behind that

imagine how much quicker treatment times could be if your local hospital / GP didn't have to wait weeks to receive your notes.

Comment

Probably my fault - I worked on this programme around 5 years ago.

Could see it would never work way back then, talk about a dis-jointed stuffed up programme.

The software house I was working on actually demanded I stopped raising defects as the contract was written in a way that every additional defect cost the software house a penalty payment to the integrator.

Bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Probably my fault - I worked on this programme around 5 years ago.

Could see it would never work way back then, talk about a dis-jointed stuffed up programme.

The software house I was working on actually demanded I stopped raising defects as the contract was written in a way that every additional defect cost the software house a penalty payment to the integrator.

Bonkers.
          So they had the lowest calibre people on board then?

Comment

So they had the lowest calibre people on board then?
            I would have been better on the 'Board' given the looney tune decisions that came out of that place!

Comment

Someone who is very rich now. Patricia Hewitt?

Comment

They should've given the project to AtW. He'd have done it for £17.99 from the comfort of his sofa.....

Comment

How come Tescos can link up all their stores without spending £11bn on an IT system? It must be a similar scale... Or not? I have no idea? just guessing.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    How come Tescos can link up all their stores without spending £11bn on an IT system? It must be a similar scale... Or not? I have no idea? just guessing.
                    Tescos is private sector.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X