• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is PAYE An Option?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is PAYE An Option?

I have very little in the way of expenses and taking into account via an umbrella the double NI cont's and umbrella fees don't see that I am any better off.

Is there such a thing as a PAYE option?

Ltd company will make me no better off taking into account corporation tax etc...
    Last edited by dspsyssts; 3 August 2011, 13:36. Reason: speling
    Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Yes, but most agencies won't do it these days plus you'd still get employer's NI taken from your end pay as the agency wouldn't pay it out of their pocket.

All-in, you're probably not going to see any difference from a brolly to an agency PAYE scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
      Yes, but most agencies won't do it these days plus you'd still get employer's NI taken from your end pay as the agency wouldn't pay it out of their pocket.

All-in, you're probably not going to see any difference from a brolly to an agency PAYE scheme.
      OK thanks, just a thought, grrrr @ NI!
      Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Comment

Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post
        I have very little in the way of expenses and taking into account via an umbrella the double Ni conts and umbrella fees don't see that I am any better off.

Is there such a thing as a PAYE option?

Ltd company will make me no btter off taking into account corporation tax etc...
        Unles you are on a very low paying contract you should always be better off as a Ltd. Yes you pay CT but only on profits and low salary plus dividends is the most tax efficient way of operating for most contractors.

Have a play with the contractor calculators under the navigation link on the right hand side.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Unles you are on a very low paying contract you should always be better off as a Ltd. Yes you pay CT but only on profits and low salary plus dividends is the most tax efficient way of operating for most contractors.

Have a play with the contractor calculators under the navigation link on the right hand side.
          WHS

Comment

Working...
          X