• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst British inventions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst British inventions

Two water taps - one is too hot and one is too cold.

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I have monobloc mixer taps in all eight of my bathrooms and toilets.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I have monobloc mixer taps in all eight of my bathrooms and toilets.

HTH
      But you do get raped in the showers by the other inmates, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        But you do get raped in the showers by the other inmates, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Comment

One of the good things about owning your own home is that you get to choose the taps.

Comment

Ah - luckily we invented a sink, to mix the water!
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Fooking ungrateful Russkie.
              Comes from the Soviet Union where there was one sink between 10 families and a single cold water tap that worked for one hour per day with a thin dribble if you were lucky.
              And still he moans.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Fooking ungrateful Russkie.
                Comes from the Soviet Union where there was one sink between 10 families and a single cold water tap that worked for one hour per day with a thin dribble if you were lucky.
                And still he moans.
                I expect there were communal hot water systems, each day providing 75% more hot water than production quotas, due to the Stakhanovite efforts of the proletarian heating engineers.

Comment

Hot water in Soviet union did not work on summers (maintenance apparently), but other part of the year it had to work because otherwise there will be no central heating (meaning CENTRAL, not boiling water inside your own house).

HTH

Comment

For a small fee you can upgrade your taps.

2 bedroom apartment for sale in Harborne Central, Harborne, Birmingham, B17, B17

If you can't afford that, well, suffer two taps you pauper!

PS a bit of negotiating would get that down to £150K I'm sure. Better than renting. Property only ever goes up etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X