• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italy may require a bailout, Berlusconi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy may require a bailout, Berlusconi

Italy may require a bailout, Berlusconi speaking now…
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Ouch.

Comment

Greece, now Rome.

We will be in the dark ages again soon.

Comment

Beeb reporting it now:
        BBC News - Silvio Berlusconi says Italy banks 'solid and solvent'

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has said the country will not be drawn into the debt crisis engulfing Europe.

Addressing Parliament on Wednesday, he said Italy's banks are "solid and solvent" and the economy was "solid".
        I'll take that to mean they are fscked then.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Beeb reporting it now:
          BBC News - Silvio Berlusconi says Italy banks 'solid and solvent'

I'll take that to mean they are fscked then.
          It means it is good news and time for him to throw another party IMO.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can always spot when Berlusconi is lying. His lips are moving.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              You can always spot when Berlusconi is lying. His lips are moving.

I'd like to give him a pizza my mind.

Comment

FFS European leadership is poor. Someone needs to grasp the situation by the scruff of the neck because it ain't going away. Its no solution at all for the PIIGS to stay in the Euro which is being run for the benefit of Germany.
                So let them revert back to their original currencies, keep the "Euro "for Germany, the Netherlands and maybe France (which is the long run will have to comee out too as it can't keep up with Germany).
                Hang on let's rename the Euro, the Mark.
                Come to think of it why not go back to back to the pre-Euro when everything worked fine and each country could make its own policy while trading away merrily.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  FFS European leadership is poor. Someone needs to grasp the situation by the scruff of the neck because it ain't going away. Its no solution at all for the PIIGS to stay in the Euro which is being run for the benefit of Germany.
                  So let them revert back to their original currencies, keep the "Euro "for Germany, the Netherlands and maybe France (which is the long run will have to comee out too as it can't keep up with Germany).
                  Hang on let's rename the Euro, the Mark.
                  Come to think of it why not go back to back to the pre-Euro when everything worked fine and each country could make its own policy while trading away merrily.
                  Yep, but I think free market capitalism itself is now in danger; how long are the public, most of whom don't really understand what's happening, going to tolerate their governments cutting pay, benefits, pensions and jobs etc without turning violent. OK, there was already violence in Athens, but if the Italian and Spanish public get that angry we're all in the tulip. I´m serious; we're talking about large developed countries with huge armies going out of control. At some stage the demand on governments to take radical action, perhaps as far as enforced nationalisation of banks, is just going to get to great to resist. That's not what I want to see, but I think the speculators are now playing a very dangerous game; a lot more dangerous than they think.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Its no solution at all for the PIIGS to stay in the Euro which is being run for the benefit of Germany.
                    Germany would have been better off with their own currency you cretin, they are making the sacrifices for greater good of Europe whilst parasites like you profit from it.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X