• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For sale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sale

Students could pay off debts by selling a kidney

Nice with fava beans and a good chianti I've heard.

They'd be better off leasing out their 'spare' kidney. Get a similar price, and can reclaim it back if they need it later, plus compo for any damage due to neglect.

Maybe they could also sell their heart and get a plastic one.

This whole idea is going to lead to people selling rights to their grandparents organs. An evolution of the donor system. Where there's profit there's a plan B.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The average saving to the NHS of a kidney transplantation vs dialysis is very approx.£200,000 over 10 years. Perhaps there should be a Dutch auction.

Comment

It's also much better to have a live donor so that the kidney doesn't start to degrade. Also there is no rush in terms of a kidney becoming available. The donor and the recipient can be notified well in advance as to when the op is going to take place.

The effects on the donor are not great though as they instantly lose 50% of their kidney function. When my mother in law gave hers up, she opted for keyhole surgery. There was a risk that they could damage her spleen, which they did, so she had to have that removed also!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

PAH! In my day students' kidneys would have been almost worthless due to overuse. You could really have cleaned up by selling your liver to Sellafield though as some sort of backup generator!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
          X