• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Justice!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justice!

Got very aggressively undertaken by a Fedex driver the other day on the M62. He was driving right up peoples bumpers flashing them out the way in lane 3. Even cut up an ambulance trying to join. Basically driving with extreme aggression causing cars to move dangerously to get out of his way.

I phones the handy number on the back of his van, spoke with the nice lady who answered giving his reg.

Well, ended up with a phone call from somebody senior at Fedex this morning thanking me very much, advising from the reg and timings they found the driver, who was being appropriately dealt with by management.

Hopefully one less idiot on the roads

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got very aggressively undertaken by a Fedex driver the other day on the M62. He was driving right up peoples bumpers flashing them out the way in lane 3. Even cut up an ambulance trying to join. Basically driving with extreme aggression causing cars to move dangerously to get out of his way.

I phones the handy number on the back of his van, spoke with the nice lady who answered giving his reg.

Well, ended up with a phone call from somebody senior at Fedex this morning thanking me very much, advising from the reg and timings they found the driver, who was being appropriately dealt with by management.

Hopefully one less idiot on the roads
    Lead
    Follow
    or
    Get out of the way

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Blah
      Jeez. I thought my life was dull.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Jeez. I thought my life was dull.
        That's why we keep him
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Do you think a FedEx employee who drives like a loon in order to squeeze more drops into his day is likely to get reprimanded by management?

I usually deal with knobs like that by letting them get right up close and then switching the rear fog lights on.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Do you think a FedEx employee who drives like a loon in order to squeeze more drops into his day is likely to get reprimanded by management?

I usually deal with knobs like that by letting them get right up close and then switching the rear fog lights on.
            Haulage companies are obsessive about safety. he will get it in the neck
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Do you think a FedEx employee who drives like a loon in order to squeeze more drops into his day is likely to get reprimanded by management?...
              Probably not.

Thing is though, unless he's a very skilled driver, driving like a loon is unlikely to enable him to squeeze more drops in. You can try it on a regular commute. Drive like a loon for a couple of weeks. Then drive defensively for a couple of weeks (if you survive the first two weeks). The timings will be pretty much the same - maybe you gain a few minutes over 50 miles, if you're lucky.

Even driving 500 miles a day, it's not going to save enough for an extra drop.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Haulage companies are obsessive about safety. he will get it in the neck
                WHS. My brother works at the head office of a large haulage co. and they're told to *always* use the handrail on the stairs... if you're spotted by one of the H&S nutjobs and you're not holding the handrail they'll give you a rollocking there and then.... pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
                  WHS. My brother works at the head office of a large haulage co. and they're told to *always* use the handrail on the stairs... if you're spotted by one of the H&S nutjobs and you're not holding the handrail they'll give you a rollocking there and then.... pathetic
                  Are you Gricerboy's brother?
                  http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1371019
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You do realise that doing this if it caused an accident would constitute driving without due care on your part.

Comment

Working...
                    X