• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Initiative Aims to Keep Young Women Safe at Oktoberfest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Initiative Aims to Keep Young Women Safe at Oktoberfest

Party!

Talking to a colleague she tells me queues start the night before to guarantee entry into a tent the following day. Mad.

Germany's best-known party, Oktoberfest, will kick off its 178th year on Sept. 17. While Munich has already started setting up beer tents in anticipation of the estimated 7 million tourists expected to guzzle beer and eat pretzels at this year's event, a new initiative is preparing to help keep women safe on the Wies'n.

Plans are in place to distribute 5,000 neon-green wristbands to women attending this year's beer-tent party circuit. These are no ordinary "ladies night" wristbands, however. The inside of the wristbands can be used to write information like friends' phone numbers and hotel addresses: valuable details for those who may have had one beer too many and are struggling to get home. The weather-resistant and tear-proof wristbands will be distributed at various locations, including hotels and campsites commonly frequented by tourists.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

7 mln tourists and 5k wristbands?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Party!

Talking to a colleague she tells me queues start the night before to guarantee entry into a tent the following day. Mad.
      I presume your wristband will be easy to identify. It will be the one moving the fastest between two "close together points"
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Party!

I went for 8 days straight and never had a problem? Or at least I don't remember having a problem?

The fairground rides are open for half an hour after the tents shut.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          7 mln tourists and 5k wristbands?

Not in the same day. Plonker.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

PooperScooter gives you a taste of what its like when your 18 year old leaves home for the first time. You know he's naive and wet behind the years and a bit of a plonker.
            Still its quite sweet to see someone think he's the first person in the world to experience certain things
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not in the same day. Plonker.
              20 days festival and 7 mln tourists means 350k on average per day, 5k strips don't add up unless 345k of tourists expected to be overaged belly beer IT contractors who have left England for greener grass.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                20 days festival and 7 mln tourists means 350k on average per day, 5k strips don't add up unless 345k of tourists expected to be overaged belly beer IT contractors who have left England for greener grass.
                Why do you think there should be as many woman drinking beer as there is men?

Comment

Comment

Not far off, certainly not a ratio of 20:1.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X