• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's non farm friday tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's non farm friday tomorrow

Some bad employment figures from the states should give things a "healthy" nudge downwards.

3.4% FTSE plunge could seem tame tomorrow.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Some bad employment figures from the states should give things a "healthy" nudge downwards.

3.4% FTSE plunge could seem tame tomorrow.
    Not unless the figures are truly, truly hideous as bad news is factored in.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Not unless the figures are truly, truly hideous as bad news is factored in.
      The FT agree with me.

Linky

The White House and the financial markets could certainly do with some good news when the US July non-farm payroll numbers are released an hour before New York equity trading starts.

Analysts expect a net 85,000 positions filled last month, with 115,000 coming from additions to the private sector payroll.

Unemployment is forecast to stay at 9.2 per cent.

But traders, remembering last month’s hugely disappointing 18,000 headline jobs number, may be prepared for the worst.

Back then, the miserable June figure hit a stock market that had just enjoyed an eight day, 6.7 per cent rally which left the S&P 500 just 8 points off its cyclical peak. The good mood evaporated.

This time sentiment is already pretty dour after further downbeat macroeconomic data.

Please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited extracts. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights or use this link to reference the article - July non-farm payroll crucial - FT.com

The White House and the financial markets could certainly do with some good news when the US July non-farm payroll numbers are released an hour before New York equity trading starts.

Analysts expect a net 85,000 positions filled last month, with 115,000 coming from additions to the private sector payroll.

Unemployment is forecast to stay at 9.2 per cent.

But traders, remembering last month’s hugely disappointing 18,000 headline jobs number, may be prepared for the worst.
      Back then, the miserable June figure hit a stock market that had just enjoyed an eight day, 6.7 per cent rally which left the S&P 500 just 8 points off its cyclical peak. The good mood evaporated.

This time sentiment is already pretty dour after further downbeat macroeconomic data.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
      X