• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract of the day

C# ASP.NET Developer - Retail - Ecommerce - CWJobs.co.uk

Salary: £240 per day max (see body of text for more info)
    Usually when looking for similar C# ASP.NET developers with e commerce experience we are paying C# .net developers £400+ per day, so you may take a drop for this but will gain more in the long run.
    So not only is it a tulip rate for London, they rub it in by saying that they do pay more - they just won't pay you any more - and that you should be thankful for it.

Originally posted by centurian View Post
    C# ASP.NET Developer - Retail - Ecommerce - CWJobs.co.uk

So not only is it a tulip rate for London, they rub it in by saying that they do pay more - they just won't pay you any more - and that you should be thankful for it.
    Its silly than that tho.
    This is not just a standard ecommerce website though, this has multiple transactions per second.
    but this is totally irrelevant on the front end of an ecommerce site (backend yes it could be an issue, front end cache a bit more and throw another box into the farm).

Another Bob for Tescos.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I think it says that this rate is being offered to people with no experience in the field. They are offering a low rate to break into this field.
      It might be worth a 6 monther to gain the commercial experience to then move elsewhere for the higher rate.

Just saying, like.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
        I think it says that this rate is being offered to people with no experience in the field. They are offering a low rate to break into this field.
        It might be worth a 6 monther to gain the commercial experience to then move elsewhere for the higher rate.

Just saying, like.
        The end client wants another Bob so I don't think thats likely.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post

Just saying, like.
          Or just wait 6 months when the same role will be advertised but at £500pd for someone to come in and fix the tulip left behind by the previous contractor
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Still better than this croc...

NET Developer - 2 Month Contract - South London

My client in Central London is urgently seeking an experienced .NET developer to develop, enhance, test and implement applications on a number of websites. Working on a Webform management system, implementing application's and coding against screen mock ups.

Essential requirements are: .NET 4.0, C#, MVC, SQL Server 2008, SharePoint 2007, Silverlight WCF This is a 2 month contract based in Central London - £150pd
            £150/day?!??! I was earning that doing little more than data entry when I first started working in the city.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
            X