• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi, DaveB,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi, DaveB,

wot do you think of these?

Bianchi C2C Nirone Alu Sora, Cicli Liberati, Roma, rivenditore, negozio, online, campagnolo, shimano, vendita

Not planning on racing, but now doing about 200km to 250 km per week and vintage peugeot is struggling a bit.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

250 k per week...

with no engine.....

crazy mofo!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      250 k per week...

with no engine.....

crazy mofo!

Damned easy; a 3 or 4 30 km rides on weekdays, and a couple of 50 kms at the weekend. Can't run right now due to infected patellar tendons, so doing loads of cycling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Damned easy; a 3 or 4 30 km rides on weekdays, and a couple of 50 kms at the weekend. Can't run right now due to infected patellar tendons, so doing loads of cycling.
        just move closer to the pub .. seriously!!

having said that just given up smoking so looking to do something in the evening and at weekends to keep me busy and as my knees are goosed cycling may be one of the better options.

So at some point in the future I may have something to contribute to this thread.

But don't hold your breath!

Comment

wot do you think of these?

Bianchi C2C Nirone Alu Sora, Cicli Liberati, Roma, rivenditore, negozio, online, campagnolo, shimano, vendita

Not planning on racing, but now doing about 200km to 250 km per week and vintage peugeot is struggling a bit.
          Looks good, should see you right for that sort of milage.

Depending on just how ancient the current ride is you should notice a real difference when riding, especially up the hills.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Looks good, should see you right for that sort of milage.

Depending on just how ancient the current ride is you should notice a real difference when riding, especially up the hills.
            Not many hills here, except for the Dutch version of hills; wind that is always blowing against you.

Current ride is a beautiful looking Peugeot Equipe from mid 80s. Very nice, kitted out well, but old and the wear and tear is going to get expensive.
            Looks like this;

Shop nearby gives a choice of Shimano or Campagnolo; what's your take on that old egg?

Comment

Not many hills here, except for the Dutch version of hills; wind that is always blowing against you.

Current ride is a beautiful looking Peugeot Equipe from mid 80s. Very nice, kitted out well, but old and the wear and tear is going to get expensive.
              Looks like this;

Shop nearby gives a choice of Shimano or Campagnolo; what's your take on that old egg?
              For what your doing it makes no odds really. Your not riding at the sort of level where it matters, and if you were you'd be using much higher spec gear anyway (of either make)

The Pug looks nice but it was a bargin bike for the time. Steel frame, steel wheels and components and will weight a ton compared to the Bianci

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                The Pug looks nice but it was a bargin bike for the time. Steel frame, steel wheels and components and will weight a ton compared to the Bianci
                So if I keep training on the Peugeot I'll go like tulip of a shovel when I get the bianchi?

Comment

So if I keep training on the Peugeot I'll go like tulip of a shovel when I get the bianchi?
                  Yep

Seriously, first time you try a sprint you'll be amazed how much faster the new one reacts.

And get yourself some proper shoes and pedals as well. They really are worth it. Toe clips are fine for nipping about on but you want some prper clipless jobbies if you are taking it at all seriously.

Comment

Working...
                  X