• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Markets stabilised by good US jobs data

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markets stabilised by good US jobs data

But the guy in the blue jacket looks a bit disappointed,
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Who sadly stupid this post turned out to be.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When Bloomberg reported that traders on the NYSE floor were giving the thumbs up to a good jobs report, they were mistaken.

They were actually high fiveing because they had stopped out the retail traders on a whipsaw
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Well having checked my portfolio i've wiped out 75% of my profits for the year(April) so far this week. Still in
        profit for the year and now poised. Took most of the hit
        on two shares but hey ho, so is life.

Either up or roll on 4800.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Well having checked my portfolio i've wiped out 75% of my profits for the year(April) so far this week. Still in
          profit for the year and now poised. Took most of the hit
          on two shares but hey ho, so is life.

Either up or roll on 4800.
          Well Sasguru did warn you
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Well Sasguru did warn you
            You got it be in to win it.

Anyway, I quite like these crashes
            they sort the men from the boys, the wheat from the chaff the Dimprawns from the Sasgurus.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Well having checked my portfolio i've wiped out 75% of my profits for the year(April) so far this week.
              You only have profits when you sell stuff to realise gain - everything else is imaginary.

HTH

Comment

Wait at minute -

The US economy added 117,000 jobs in July, and the unemployment rate edged down from 9.2 to 9.1%. But the decline in the unemployment rate was due to people leaving the labour force, not finding jobs; and the overall picture of the job market in the US is still terrible. Just 58.1% of the US labour force is employed – as bad as it has been since the recession.
                Market turmoil and the economics of self-harm | Mark Weisbrot | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
                Last edited by scooterscot; 5 August 2011, 20:50.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  When Bloomberg reported that traders on the NYSE floor were giving the thumbs up to a good jobs report, they were mistaken.

They were actually high fiveing because they had stopped out the retail traders on a whipsaw
                  Whatever the f*** that means.

Perhaps it was because Blackpool won last night.
                  Last edited by Doggy Styles; 6 August 2011, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Wait at minute -

Yet cretin stockbrokers and market analysts still base 'their confidence' on manipulated figures from the govermin.

I also pissed myself when the news showed them all staring at their screens, twitching and swiping bottles of water off their desk as the values turned red. It's like watching monkeys at the zoo.

Next they'll be going home to their double-barrelled family moaning that their annual bonus is only a few million this year.

Fact is that shares are in companies. If the company performs well the shares should go up and those who invested get a dividend or make profit by cashing in those shares.

The whole world of speculating, shorting, and gambling, causing perfectly sound companies to lose value by these dickheads in London should be illegal. But then the public school boys and girls would have to get proper jobs as their parents don't like them lazying around the mansion getting under feet. That's why they sent them to boarding school in the first place.

Bunch of the lot of them.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X