• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crap Week (Possible Bedwetting Thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap Week (Possible Bedwetting Thread)

[Sorry to steal your thunder here, SY.]

So. I find out that a permie colleague has lodged a 'formal complaint' against me with HR. A long, and boring story - but she is revealing herself to be slightly unhinged. I've had to endure a couple of 'interviews' with HR; and managed to keep some semblance of calm throughout. The complaint is based on something that didn't happen - in any way, shape or form.

My Programme Director has turned out to be surprisingly massively supportive throughout - I hadn't realised this has all been going on for a while now. I pointed out to him that I have no interest in liaising with HR as a contractor (which he is, too). He asked me to put up with it, and not to do owt rash. I agreed, but it's all been an unbelievably protracted process.

I handed my notice in yesterday - the entire thing has been dragging on too long, and is too ridiculous for words. The idea that I may end up being asked to leave the programme because of this load of crap, is not worth contemplating. I know this sort of thing happens - all the time, but it's so naffing unfair; on this contract of all of them.

I don't want to leave. I really, badly, don't want to have to leave. But I couldn't see an alternative - how could I continue to work with this twat, after what she's done.

So I'm quite chuffed to report that she's been removed from the programme with immediate effect, and I've been offered a new contract, with a longer duration to tempt me back. Might keep 'em waiting till after the weekend before I confirm.

I hope the above post doesn't give away the 'MP is MF's sockie' secret.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Women, eh?
    Can't live with them, can't legally bury them under the patio.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

So. I find out that a permie colleague has lodged a 'formal complaint' against me with HR. A long, and boring story - but she is revealing herself to be slightly unhinged. I've had to endure a couple of 'interviews' with HR; and managed to keep some semblance of calm throughout. The complaint is based on something that didn't happen - in any way, shape or form.

My Programme Director has turned out to be surprisingly massively supportive throughout - I hadn't realised this has all been going on for a while now. I pointed out to him that I have no interest in liaising with HR as a contractor (which he is, too). He asked me to put up with it, and not to do owt rash. I agreed, but it's all been an unbelievably protracted process.

I handed my notice in yesterday - the entire thing has been dragging on too long, and is too ridiculous for words. The idea that I may end up being asked to leave the programme because of this load of crap, is not worth contemplating. I know this sort of thing happens - all the time, but it's so naffing unfair; on this contract of all of them.

I don't want to leave. I really, badly, don't want to have to leave. But I couldn't see an alternative - how could I continue to work with this twat, after what she's done.

So I'm quite chuffed to report that she's been removed from the programme with immediate effect, and I've been offered a new contract, with a longer duration to tempt me back. Might keep 'em waiting till after the weekend before I confirm.

Was it your 'new friend' from a few weeks back? The overly enthusiatic one?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sorry to hear that MP. Keep 'em waiting and spend the weekend making a voodoo doll of the offending strumpet!!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Was it your 'new friend' from a few weeks back? The overly enthusiatic one?
          I would guess it is based on the phrase "slightly unhinged". Mind you its MP talking here so slightly should probably read bunny boiling.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Is this the one who grins inanely at the wrong cues, and has hands like a fella ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Maybe she has/had a pash on you, and this is about unrequited love
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Not the new girl no. I...I erm - well, the thing is - I'm now a big fan of the new girl. She's lovely.

I know.

This one - permie. Total and UTTER INCOMPETENT. I avoid her at all costs generally. I do think that she might be near to something like a nervous breakdown however, and that's not nice. Good luck to her - as long as she fkcs off and has it somewhere else.
                Last edited by MaryPoppins; 5 August 2011, 14:53. Reason: Spelling spazathon
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I would guess it is based on the phrase "slightly unhinged". Mind you its MP talking here so slightly should probably read bunny boiling.
                  What's the s'posed to mean? Eh? I'm in fighting mood, I'll warn you now.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

sorry to hear that MP, was gonna say definitely don't flounce on her part but sounds like you don't have to.... you have to keep them waiting until at least tuesday i'd say
                    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
                    X