• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life is sweet .....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life is sweet .....

Have you ever noticed how permies are more that happy to take your money, but when it comes to paying out ....

On Friday I was asked to take part in the company sweepstake - no doubt they thought that as a contractor I am minted and can therefore afford to subsidise their winnings - little did they know that I would pick the winner !!

Oh, how I've enjoyed coming in this morning to collect my winnings !!!!

Best not tell the taxman in case taking part in the employees' sweepstake is taken as a pointer to being inside IR35

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
      collect my winnings
      Yep off to Billy Hill on the morrow to pick up me £1600, sadly er indoors has spent most of it already

Will they give me a cheque or will it be £ash?
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by Davros
        Best not tell the taxman in case taking part in the employees' sweepstake is taken as a pointer to being inside IR35
        Yes, no doubt its a pointer to being a 'disguised employee' - along with eating the birthday cream cakes of the permies the other week as well

Comment

Yes, no doubt its a pointer to being a 'disguised employee' - along with eating the birthday cream cakes of the permies the other week as well
          I can't believe you ate the other permies cream

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
            I can't believe you ate the other permies cream

You really are bored senseless arn't you
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
              Yep off to Billy Hill on the morrow to pick up me £1600, sadly er indoors has spent most of it already

Will they give me a cheque or will it be £ash?
              I forgot to have my annual punt, so I've effectively won because I usually lose.

Comment

Cash or Cheque, come on or will I get the choice?

btw got the tip 2 weeks ago from an Epsom Jckey in a local pub, so got better than the SP of 11/1

Cash or Cheque
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Do you really want to walk out of a bookies with £1600 cash ? Thats a seriously big wedge - you're gonna get mugged !

Comment

Do you really want to walk out of a bookies with £1600 cash ? Thats a seriously big wedge - you're gonna get mugged !
                    Would you trust a cheque from a bookie?

Comment

Working...
                    X