• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something strange happened today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something strange happened today

Hedgies lose hundreds of millions in UK banks

“There is a long way down, especially for banks,” said Mr Odey, who added the whole market was at risk of tumbling back to 2008 post Lehman Brothers-lows.

Lansdowne Partners and GLG were also big sellers of UK bank stocks, as hedge funds saw hundreds of millions wiped off their investments.

UK-based fund managers have invested heavily in LLoyds and Barclays and have suffered the consequences as both bank shares have tumbled since the start of the year.

Hedge funds that have fallen bellow 10pc came under pressure yesterday to start an intensified round of sell-offs - reducing their positions by hundreds of millions of pounds.

Insiders said bank stakes had been “halved” without remorse - but that market volumes had been too low to produce enough buyers to sell more.

More from source: Hedgies lose hundreds of millions in UK banks - Telegraph

---

Surely that can't be - hedge funds buying shares expecting increase in value rather than shorting them like crazy?

Here was me thinking this was going to be the thread where you declare you finally popped your cherry.

Comment

I thought it was about him buying a ticket for the Edgbaston test.

Comment

Cricket

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I thought it was about him buying a ticket for the Edgbaston test.

Comment

Working...
        X